vendredi 29 août 2008

premiere


my room

I am now currently in Varengeville sur mer, France. Apparently I got my town wrong. Dieppe is a neighboring city. I visited there yesterday, and believe me, it is A LOT more exciting than where I live. I live in a tiny, tiny village. I finally got out of the house for the first time yesterday. I went walking with Claudine, my host mom, and her friend. They both only speak French, so it was a quite difficult journey. We walked for about 3 hours, around the streets and down into the woods. They showed me where everything was, and what little there was. Haha. It started raining (as you know, it rains a TON here.), so somehow they decided we should stop at a friends house. No one there spoke english either. It is rather difficult and completely frustrating. But, we ate some lemon pie, it was amazing. It tasted like hard lemon candy in a pie. Along with tea. I accidentally said I like milk in my tea, and I thought it would be awful to turn down my own request so I had to pour some in. Not for me. I am just very secluded all the time. I have yet to meet someone my own age. My parents work every morning. Claudine til 12:30, and Dildier til 6PM or so. So I just sit around the house by myself constantly. School starts Monday. I'll
definitely keep you posted.

Au Revoir!


PS.- will post more pictures later, my internet connection keeps on going out!

2 commentaires:

Elaina a dit…

I'm sorry to hear your lonesome babe. Are you picking up any french? because I'm picking up german a little. What grade are you in at school? Mine starts monday too. The village i live in is very small as well, less than 200 people but flensburg is very close by, how far away is deipe from you?
I love you!

christina a dit…

my french is getting WAY better. it has to be. during conversations and watching tv, i can pick up things very easily, but speaking wise it is still pretty awful. i have no idea what grade im in at school. i went there today to meet with the principale and i guess i start wednesday? "MERCREDI, 8 HEURE!@%" thats all i remember. but i go to school in dieppe, its about 10 minutes away by bus. thats how i get to school. i finally made a friend! i am so so grateful you have no idea. shes my neighbor. but school is really hard and gigantic. its til 5pm, and then its sometimes on wednesday, sometimes not, and sometimes on saturdays. its weird. ly<33333