dimanche 31 août 2008

things are looking brighter.

good news for everyone: I AM HAVING FUN.
its especially good news for me. I wish I wasn't tired and posted everyday like I planned to, but I was. So, I forgot a lot of the details. My apology. Yesterday my neighbor asked me to go to the beach with her. It was actually sunny yesterday, so I accepted, plus, I had nothing else better to do. We rode bikes, and it was such an easy ride there. Biking is widely accepted here, Dieu merci. We got to the beach and it is an all rock beach. The water was freezing. So I sat with my neighbors neighbors' parents while they went in the water. Her mum went the the boulangrie and got us 'pain au chocolat' Mmmmm. Then.. the ride home. Absolutely dreadful. We had to go up this gigantic hill, it was death. Bridge, if you even saw the hill. Hahahah. I made it, though, after I was switching gears and my chain fell off, so we had to stop by the cows and figure how to put it back on. I'm becoming way too skilled over here. It's not cool. Then, I had a date with the boy going to Argentina and his parents. Didler and Claudine dropped me off halfway with his mum, and I went to one of their vacation houses. They had a pool and such. But oh my, was he cute. And wearing D&G. Luckily, the dad spoke good english so I actually had a real conversation for once. Actually, for a good 4 hours. He said I may be able to go on vacation with them to their beach house in south France, and also to the city where their other house is!@#% Anyways, it was a good night. Today, I got to sleep in. Ooooh. But for whatever reason I cannot sleep in my bed. It's too small or something. My arm was so cramped this morning because I slept on it weird, and I wake up every hour. When I came downstairs, Claudine told me to go the the magasin (newsstand) to get a magazine for myself. They made me a welcoming lunch, with champagne and such. It was really nice of them. Plus, they but an American flag out on the flagpole. I guess that's a good sign? Oh, by the way mum and dad- I haven't spent a SINGLE euro yet. They are very nice to me and buy me everything.

4 commentaires:

mom a dit…

Hi Christina,
I am happy that you are doing fine in France and are enjoying it better. If you give things a chance many times they will work out. When I worked a summer in Glacier National Park in Montana I was homesick for about a week then I loved it. When reading the book by Julia Child,"My Time in France," I learned so much about France especially the French cuisine! You are a lucky girl! Learn and enjoy while you are in France!
I love you!
Love,
Mom

Bridgette a dit…

hey babe, I wanna know exactly how big this hill is? like heartatack worthy? love you so much, glad you are having fun now. <3
Bridgette

christina a dit…

bridge, i wish i could draw i picture. it was like.. about 2 miles long, very steep, and never flattened out. oh my god. i thought i was good at riding bikes,too. hahah.

Bridgette a dit…

Haha every good biker has a difficult hill to over come. yes, use that as a metaphor for life bahahah