dimanche 11 janvier 2009

“Open up your mind and see like me”

I woke up this morning> im in gontot. In the country. I feel like Maire Antoinette when she moved to the country house. Watching the sun rise. Waking up with the sun is the best feeling. And right now, im content with france. I havent been to school in 3 weeks and last night we decided that today we’re leaving to go to celebrate new years in the south with their son, and we’re staying at their other house in the south. So, I’m skipping school for a week and I will then not be in school for a month! that’s what I call a break. I have no money left on my phone, no internet and frankly, I’m ok with that. I think I am happier when I don’t have internet. I actually dose myself in French and speak only French, and that’s really good for me. I don’t compare my exchange life with everyone else and look at everyones Facebook photos and dream about being home and going to Starbucks as usual and wanting to kill myself in that wretched Boardman High School. I don’t care about it at all. I forget about that life when I don’t have the pleasant internet to tear me back and forth between France and Ohio. The last school break when I went to the Pryenees I didn’t bring my computer, I talked all French and I came back and spoke French to people at school, my French really improved. So I know my French is improving. Although my French is still greatly lacking, I understand just about everything. The only problem is- I block it out a lot because its tiring. But when I do pay attention; watch out- I understand everything your saying whether you want to believe it or not. Tomorrows the beginning of 2009, and please let this new year be amazing,amazing,amazing! And to everyone, Happy New Year!#% So I’m in France.. And this morning I was already thinking about where I’m going to go next. During college I want to study abroad. Where? I don’t know yet, but I know that after this experience I’m going to want to go live in another country for sometime also. To learn yet another different language? I don’t know. I’m still working on this one. And a different continent? Obviously I’m a little globe trotter, but theres so much to see! And I want to see it all. For the people that have never traveled out of Ohio, have never seen the world or experienced a different life, get out there. Make it possible, however you have to do it because it will open your eyes to a different universe. It will change your mind, shape it.


PS- I’m scatter-brained right now, and I apologize.. I drank 5 cups of this strong French god-like coffee and I’m bouncing around; inside and out.

PPS: These blogs will be delayed. I’ve been writing on Word Processor until I get internet. And when I do get internet, I can never get it on my computer so I don’t update. So I’m pretty sure these will be 2 weeks delayed..

Love,C

Aucun commentaire: