dimanche 11 janvier 2009

“Rich and Jobless”$$$

I’m sitting here bundled up in sweaters outside on the patio of the Thiret’s house in Perpignan,France, The tip of southern France. The backyard consists of a swimming pool, and then there’s the lake that leads to the Mediterrean Sea. The neighbors have astro-turf for grass. We ate outside today because at lunch time it was sunny and warm and so pleasant compared to the temperature in Normandie. Their son, Jerome and his lover/girlfriend came to visit because they live actually in Perpignan.. We actually are in Baracades or something of that nature. Now.. Jerome and Rosa are what you can classify a “perfect couple”; Gorgeous, funny but proper, stylish. I don’t envy them as I normally might have, I mean- a boy that can truly dress good? Come’onnn that’s why I came here. There’s a lot of French boys that can dress themselves amazingly here. I don’t know what it is, “The French Touch” as Jerome says.But D&G buckled dress shoes, D&G jeans, turtleneck, blazer, black big lunettes du soleil. That’s classy. I admire them a lot, even though they both are jobless, but when someone can be jobless, and still maintain their class? That’s a truly well-maintained, admired person. Regardless of the fact that Jerome’s dad has money, while being jobless too, its just amazing and astonishing to me. When I picture someone job less, I picture the American people I know well either A) living in their parents house watching tv, eating KFC B) homeless on the streets C) living in a grimy,dirty crap apartment living off of Ramen noodles and/or living off of our wonderful well-care system and shopping in Wal-mart. So, this is something new to me. Jobless but have a good house, nice Scooter, smokes cigarettes, eat well, drink well, dress well. Hm. I don’t understand it but I’m so for it

Its currently Sunday morning. I went outside when I woke up and you can see the snowy mountain tops, while the sun was glowing and the lake was glittering in the sun. Absolutely gorgeous. I’ve been in the mood to write lately. Clearly I haven’t exactly explained my situation over here, I’ve basically just been throwing my thoughts onto this blog when I’m supposed to be informing you of all that’s going on over here. I guess I get a little side-tracked in my thoughts sometimes. Right now, I’m staying with Eric and Isabelle Thiriet. Isabelle is friends with my 1st host mum, Claudine and they decided that they would take me with them on Christmas break as a short exchange. I was sick at the beginning of break when they were supposed to come get me-I had some god awful stomach flu that woke me up at the crack of dawn to stick my head in anything that was accessible at the moment to puke in.. which ended up being my bathroom sink- sorry! Missed out on nothing really, made my way to recovery while my host parents Phillipe and Michelle were busy entertaining by laying on the couch drinking Diet Coke and not eating.. Claudine (1st host mum) came over because she’s a nurse and Michelle was really scared I was really sick, so Claudine searched me and gave me a check-up in the comfort of my own bed. She thought I caught the disease that flows around Dieppe. In Dieppe, there is some disease that’s only in Dieppe, why I don’t know, but every year everyone gets vaccinated at school because its deadly.. And I didn’t get vaccinated because they go in intervals and I missed the first 3. I don’t have the disease thank god. I don’t even know what it is but kids galore die from it. The Holocaust of Dieppe, I guess that’s what I’ll call it from now on.
Now I don’t want to really describe every place that I went on this vacation, but I’ll give the outline. First couple nights, stayed in Mont Saint Agnan (town outside of Rouen) in their apartment,went to Gontot for Christmas (their country house) in La Compagne, went to Isabelle’s mom’s house in Basse-Normandie, visited a castle and went to the American cemetary for WWII and Omaha Beach,etc. Went back to Mont Saint Agnan for New Years, left for Perpignan and was in the car for 11 hours.. I think since I’ve got here I’m slept in a total of 30 different beds/ bedrooms. I can almost swear on that. Its annoying changing houses and packing up my luggage all the time, living out of my suitcase, but I’m getting damn good at it.

1 commentaire:

mom a dit…

Hi Christina,
I like your new entries on your blog. Have you considered writing as a career? I think you may become a travel writer. Now that would be fun. We miss you here in the USA. I send my love!
Mom