jeudi 4 septembre 2008

1st

Yesterday was my official first day of school in France. I arrived, with my host dad so I didn't get lost, and found someone to direct me to my class. The schedules are really weird. They're called 'time tables' and are very different for everyone each day. My class will be with me all year, for the rest of the year. They're young and weird. I guess I judge too much, but as of right now, I don't really have any friends here. No one really speaks English, not even the teachers. Luckily for me, 2 people in my class speak OK english, so they sort of help me. Oh, but while I was walking in to school, I met the Australian exchange student. She was really cool and spoke perfect English so she asked me to lunch after school with her host parents(school ended at noon Wednesday). I called up my host mum and had her talk with the girl, I don't remember her name, but my host mum said NO! I thought I was here to meet new people?! I was so angry with her, you have no idea. Of course, I didn't show it. I mean I am living in her house, eating her food, occupying space. But WHAT!@!#% There was no excuse. Then she got mad at me! I didn't say anything to her. I just got in the car! Ugh. I was so upset yesterday. After school I napped because I was sooo tired from school. It was only 3 hours long so you can only imagine how tired I am after a full day's worth. It's just SO tiring trying to translate everything and learn French and, Ah. I'm just exhausted. Then, to make matters worse I had to attend the Rotary meeting with my host dad. I have to attend every Wednesday evening. And let me tell you, it is no fun. I was the only girl there. Around 35 men, around the ages of 50-72 were present. It sucked. I had to introduce myself and make a speech in French, and sit and not talk to anyone for 4 hours. Maybe that's why I'm tired today.

Today the boy and girl helping me with my classes at school ignored me because another girl from class asked me to sit with her. So, my first 2 classes I couldn't comprehend much. Finally, I went up to them and they eased up. I think they are trying to claim me for their own. And.. they're weird. They like anime, wear chains and such.. you know like how we dressed in 5th grade? Oooh, I'm so popular here.
Blah,blah,blah. But anyways school was school. It was stupid, the cafeteria food was awful, and the girl from Australia won't talk to me anymore. The two anime girls walked me to my host mum's car after school, and my host mom being the lady she is talked to them and questioned them for about 20 minutes. 20 MINUTES. Then, she asked for their numbers!@%@^@ You have NO idea how mad this made me. She chooses my friends. It's ridiculous.

But obviously, I'm having a bad day.
People have those.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better? My fingers are crossed.

5 commentaires:

Elaina a dit…

Hey, isnt school wierd here? I'm happy to know you made some friends, but i am sorry about your whole host mom thing. That really sucks.
They dont have english courses at your school? Are there any cute boys? And why are you talkiing to kids with chains and anime?!
oh baby, come to my school, its so cool and fun, we'd have a blast! Can you leave school grounds at your school? And is it smoking or nonsmoking?
oh geey im sorry too bombard you with questions, but you know how i feel about you, your my beloved. I worry!

Bridgette a dit…

and you do not worry about me thanks lane.

cindybella a dit…

Hi Christina!!! you have been on my mind every day! and i'm going to email you! i'm sorry i haven't done it already!! i was sooo glad to see on your blog when you were having fun! i had been worrying about you...now i'm gonna have to worry again!! i am going to email you today...you hang in there christina!! We all miss you!!!!

Cindi a dit…

My friend the Rotary chairperson says to hang in there - his son went through the same crushing headache for about 2-3 months until he got used to the language. It will get easier he assures you! And you'll have more friends than you know what to do with. And all parents are awful, right?

Unknown a dit…

I just have the need to say that Australians speak perfect english because that's what they speak in Australia: English. lol.