lundi 29 septembre 2008

"you say i'm a dreamer, but i'm not the only one"

D'accord, so I keep on having busy weekends. I apologize once again for not keeping you updated. I feel awful. But every time I go to update my blog/emails/comments,etc. I'm off to set the table, or out of town. Of course, that's good that I'm going out.

Friday during lunch hour, Charlotte from my class invited me to lunch to her best friend's house. I accepted, of course! We walked into Dieppe and man- it was a long walk. We had sandwiches, cheese, and crepes. Behold, crepes with nutella! Yummm. We had a good time, at least-I tried to have a good time. She has a bug-eyed Maltisse and its so ugly its funny. A cat tried to get into the yard from the neighbors and we lured it in with sausage and the dog chased it up a tree. Hahah. The rest of the time was spent with them, attempting, to make voicemails. It was funny- even for my lack of understanding.

Friday night, failed to do anything.

Saturday, I had no Art Plastique! As i was supposed to go to Paris- we failed to do so. Yes, I was SO disappointed. But I'm going over the next holidays. AHHH. But Claudine&I, as usual, headed out for Shopping Saturdays. Now Didier, does NOT do shopping. The weekends for Didier are strictly his recreational time: Gardening. Hahah. Well of course with all of the love&care Didier puts into his lush grass and perfectly trimmed bushes it is a mini Versailles garden. But its just so humorous watching him. Because like all French, he is extremely proud of it and if I were to point a finger at a wilted flower... Well, I don't think that finger would exist ever again.
But anyways, as Claudine and I said our 'Goodbyes' to the laboring Didier, we were off to Rouen. Wow, I didn't realize how big it was. Claudine and I went to McDonald's for lunch. Oh my God- American food! But in France, there's no dollar menu- or un Euro menu for that matter. 6euro for a Happy Meal! Ahh, but it was heaven tasting greasy, cheap food that I adore. Well, the end of that. We walk out, and I spot a lady with and H&M bag.
Me:"Claudine,Claudine! Tu Cognee(sp) H&M?"
Claudine: "H&M?"
Me:"LOOK!"
She proceeded into a shop and asked the workers if they knew where it was. Aha! They did. So Claudine and I took the tram(like I said, Rouen is big). Oh, and P.S.- This was my first tram ride.

I was finally there, in H&M heaven. Clothes I know I like! Yessss. I saw my pants, Kristina's shoes, my shoes, Elaina's hat. Ahh,beautiful. I ended up buying Elaina's hat, in tan(you know I secretly wanted to steal that,Lanie), a grey& black cardigan(typical), my H&M pants in black, and knee high plum socks. Cuttte. Around 50euro for it all, but sooooo worth it. Oh, and I exchanged all my $$$ into euros now. I'm so poor, I hate the exchange rate. Then Claudine let me go off on my own and I went to a vending machine to grab an Orangina and another drink came with it, hahah. 2 for 1! But of course, something had to happen. I opened up the Orangina and it exploded everywhere. It was embarrassing,oops. My hands were sticky from then on. We went back tothe center of Rouen and I got to go on my own again. I found another Vintage shop dedicated to America. Wrangler jeans, Fur coats, Cowboy boots galore, flannel shirts. Chesa, you would've loved it. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to really look and I was PO'd. All the good vintage shops I find in Rouen I can never find again! Ahh, it makes me mad. But, I've been looking for the perfect dark blue nail polish, figured only Chanel would have it- and believe it or not,they did. The perfect shade. I can't believe how excited I get over nail polish, and that I'm talking about this in my blog. Pardon.

3 commentaires:

Wry a dit…

May I add your blog to my blogroll?

christina a dit…

yes, of course!
but who are you?!

mom a dit…

Hi Christina,
Everything sounds so interesting that you write. Are you learning the language better? Are you speaking some French? Can you understand what people are saying? What classes are you taking in High School there? Let us know.