dimanche 21 septembre 2008

je suis malade

I don't know how ones mind can be in so many different places at once. One second, I'm thinking about how to translate what someone's saying in French. The next, I'm thinking about the book I am reading- in English. Then, I'm back to trying to speak in French, while I'm thinking in English. If one has never experienced this, it is so terribly tiring. I don't think my host parents have come to realize this, that my brain, my body- are not adapted yet. Things take time. So, in their defense to me not being able to understand them after reading a 700 page book in English, is glaring at me in the eye and speaking only in French to me, while talking about me. Right in front of my face. This, I don't like. At all. You know when you go on vacation to the south, probably to Florida, and the Mexicans are talking about you and you know it- but can't understand? This happens to me everyday of my life here. It's quite a let-down, and it thoroughly upsets me. This completely swung my day around today. And let alone being sick, and stuffed up in a car for 6 hours. Oh, and going out to eat to an expensive restaurant. I ended up eating things I dislike a lot, and ew, I wish they didn't give me an English menu because I really didn't want to know what I was eating. I had some weird jello/meat thing. Then, I had bird juice/soup. Oh lord, the things I'm eating over here. And while leaving after eating anywhere here, I am always hobbling and wobbling because I ate so much. They eat SO much here.

Friday night, I sat and read the last Harry Potter book, a second time, in English. A boy at school gave me it to read in our French class, because it is not a language class, but rather a literature class. This results in old,old French, much like Shakespeare, that's very boring. So the teacher gave me permission (at least I was told that) to read a magazine or book during her class, and I failed to bring anything the first 2 weeks. Oops. Thank God for reliable people, unlike me.
Hahah.

Saturday was our journey to the great Brittanie. I have no idea how to spell that, so.. yeah. I know I just completely butchered that word. We were going to a wedding, and I was not the least bit excited since my last wedding here was so incredibly boring. 5 or 6 hours in the car, starting at 8AM- whooo. I am very used to this from home vacations, and I had the ENTIRE back seat to myself, so I was content with my Harry Potter book and nap times. We stopped at a rest stop, it was so mesmerizing. Hahah. I was so excited to go to a rest stop! I ran to the candy ailes and looked up and down, seeing what was from America and what we didn't have. I bought my first Red Bull here. God, I missed them. And a giant Twix bar. What can I say, it's delicious for breakfast. Nothinn' like some sugar to start off your day. Hahah.


We arrive at the hotel at 2:30, check-in and I realize- we have 2 keys. I GOT MY OWN ROOM! Ow,ow! I was sooo excited, because I've been joined at the hip with them since my arrival in France and now I could relax all on my own..
But, we weren't at the hotel long. I think in total we were there 6 hours. 5 of which I was sleeping. Oh well.

Then, we're off to the wedding. I was completely dreading this, because it's all catholic. Which equals: A LOT of hymns, stupid motions that I don't do, and dragged out ceremonies. But it wasn't bad. The church was gorgeous, and I was giving the priest statues dirty looks the entire time. No worries though, I was just bored. I was trying to figure out why Jesus was rarely seen in the church when there were a bajilion Priests, in Gold, all over the place.

We went to the after-party. You know, the last one I went to is my only comparison.. so I wasn't having good judgement on anything. We show up, and I was like "AH.This is just as stupid as the last one". But my host mum, being the little charmer she is, shoved me up and threw me away to these English speaking people. I was happy to hear English, but was so embarassed. They're like, "Oh,hey" And me, "Hey guys," "my host mum just likes to drop me off at people's doorsteps, she likes to get rid of me." Ha, but they didn't care. They were hilarious. As I was thinking they were from England, I asked, and they were from Germany, Norway, and Australia. Loved them all, and I wish I remembered their names. But, as always, it was a rich wedding. Lots of fancy food, ate the sushi rolls though (they were gross) and had lots of champagne. It was time to go into the tent, (it was an outdoor reception) and I went to go sit with my host parents- but I was assigned otherwise. I got placed at a kids table, with everyone around my age or older. So nice. Everyone was amazing, once again, and we had a gooood time. Once eating and everything was over it was time to dance. Yesssss! Whoo. I lose track of time here, because for one- my phone always dies. I don't really know why it does, but its ALWAYS dead. But at around this time, it was 1:30AM and I wasn't stopping yet. A boy that I was staring at(Oops), at the wedding came up to me and started talking in perfect English. We talked Forever. He found me after I was dancing and we went outside. His friend came up to me and wanted me to stay the night, and I SO wanted to because all the Aussies and Germans were staying too. So they decided to try to convince Didier. HA. It was, as I expected, complete denial and I sensed a bit of rudeness. Actually, a lot. He was really mad, but it wasn't my idea anyways. Hahah. But the boy I was talking to lives right next to Paris, and he wants me to let him know whenever I'm going so I can meet with him. Jackpot.

But the night was well. Didier and Claudine called the party quits at 3:30AM. I could've kept going 'til sunrise, but Oh well. The bed at the hotel was sooo completely comfy.


Oh, and PS.-
I might be switching my blog address because this fails to post pictures anymore, and I know you guys would love to see pictures. I'll let you know when I change it.



PPS-
Vincent is ACTUALLY leaving this Tuesday. Psh.



)))):





bisous:*

1 commentaire:

Cindi a dit…

When was the last time I stayed up until 3:30 a.m.? At a wedding reception? Sounds like funnnnn! No wonder the language is tiring!! ;)
C