mardi 9 septembre 2008

oh where,oh where

did my parents go? and my friends?
Where are you guys?!#%
So much has gone on since I last posted. See, I try to post a blog everyday
but I always try at night and end up being too tired. School is exhausting.
Even when I don't have to do anything. School has been MUCH better. I now hang
out with the kids from my class. I'm in Premiere 'L' Deux (1L2). Basically
I hang out with all guys. But, that's ok with me because they are actually
interested it what I have to say, unlike some of the girls who don't want
anything to do with me. Today in (one of my many) English class(es) I was
the lesson. Hahah. It was so weird. Like, it's amazing because I can comprehend
everything but I think people get pretty mad because I become even more of
the center of attention. And the thing is, I don't want it to be that way.
I just want to fit in and have fun- that's all I'm asking for. Anyways- the
lesson was for everyone to pair up and think of questions to ask me about
my life. When it came to the, "What do you do in your spare time in America?"
question, I brought up Bucks and my teacher almost died, I swear. Apparently
here, you can only find Starbucks in Paris and London. When I go to Paris, and
England I am going to have a hayday.. there's no question about it. (Which by
the way, I am going both! The ferry for England is in Dieppe, how convenient).


Also this boy I met yesterday at school, as I've been told, is supposively(sp)
madly in love with me. Hahahah.

I ride the public bus to school. Every morning I go to the bus stop at around
7 to catch the bus at 7:10. I never know what time it is here, because they really
don't have any public clocks. Even in school. I wondered why everyone wore watches.
Ha. So, after school everyday I pray to God my host parents will come pick me up
from school because when it comes to catching the bus after school, I am like a
lost child. About 20 public buses come to the school in the afternoon to pick up
students to go home. But each one comes at a different time, and mine- I never know
what time it comes.. or rather, I never know the time period. Yesterday I missed the
bus. But my neighbor, Marie-Charlotte took me home. Today, as I was standing outside
I was watching people get on the buses and such and to my surprise- my bus was right
in front of me. Hahahah. I'm such an idiot sometimes. My host mum said I have a small
brain.

On the bus, there was absolutely no where to really sit, so I asked a boy if I could sit next to him. He said "yes" and whatnot. So, he started playing music on his phone, and I started laughing because it was techno. Apparently, I'm too friendly. He started talking to me in French and I had no idea what he was saying. I told him I was American and can barely speak any French, but he kept on talking in French. Hmph,
oh well. I think he asked for my number.. Hahahah.



Mmm, oh yes. I went to get coffee at the bar outside of school today. The people I was with said that the bar we went to was extremely expensive. It was $2 for a decent sized cappuccino. Ha. I told them about bucks, but I don't think they understood. When you ask for a coffee here, it's in a petite,petite cup- and it's quite strong.
At a cafe in Dieppe, It was .80 euro for a coffee I think. WONDERFUL. <33



A couple days ago, I went to the annual and "famous" kite festival in Dieppe.
It was extremely,extremely windy and cold. There was tents representing countries from all around the world, and I just so happened to talk to every single English speaking person there. Hahah. So good for my French. I went to the vendor tent and got a handmade keychain from some country.. I'm thinking India or Brazil or something of that sort. But it's so cute and funny. It looks like a voodoo doll. My host mum goes, "Are you 4 years old?!#%" Hahah. She thinks I'm so pathetic.



Sorry for being so scatter-brained.
I can't really remember everything I wanted to say, and I apologize.
Pictures will be up ASAP, I promise.


And tomorrow, I start school at 10AM and get out at noon!
<3333



Bisous

4 commentaires:

Bridgette a dit…

small brain haha. your mom loves you already and knows you so well haha. just kidding ya. but that's good you finally have someone "madly in love with you" I have my books haha. but I miss you tons, keep this blog filled with info. I barely have time to write. so much homework. so much for senior year being easy hahaha. Love you!

Cindi a dit…

Hi Christina! Your descriptions of your adventures are so fun to read, especially when you are happy and having fun. I hope school isn't too awful (Andrew thinks ANY school is awful). Keep smiling, enjoy that scenery, and find a Starbucks-alternative!!! You will be my espresso expert when you get back.
C

Elaina a dit…

oh, haha i agree with bridgette, your host mom knows you so well already. Right now im supposed to be in math class but instead im sitting on a computer in the library! haha. Thats good you have a lot of englih classes i only have 1. Is the boy who likes you cute? lets hope so! And pretty soon id like to read about you going out somewhere! your in FRANCE!
i love you babe, miis you xoxoxooxx

Unknown a dit…

You'r going to London??? Take me with you!!!

No but seriously, I want to go to England sooo badly. You're sooo lucky.