vendredi 12 septembre 2008

"voila!"

School is very boring. I am extremely tired because of a few reasons:
Yesterday, school ended for me at noon(midi). My host mum came to pick me up. I thought we were going home to eat lunch, and then going to Dieppe to get our hair cut.(Claudine's dad is a hairdresser). Apparently, my translation skill is ridiculously off. We went straight to Dieppe to eat in one of the many beach cafes. I got croque mousieur(sp) and Orangina. It was sooooo nice out yesterday, especially eating on the beach. The kite festival is right on the boardwalk, so we could see all the kites and the beach at the same time. C'est belle. Thenn after we were finished eating we walked to the kite festival and went to a bar to get coffee. Claudine then told me that I can go off on my own and I had to meet her at 4PM. It was 1:30 then. While I was so surprised that she let me go off on my own, I had nothing to do. I have number's, but I don't charge my phone because it's normally useless. So I went to walk around for 2 1/2 hours. Blahhh. The shopping in Dieppe SUCKS. I went in a number of stores- did not find one single thing I liked. The purse store that I've been wanting to go in was once again not opened(later on we drove past and it was open!!) The only stores that interested me were the huggge perfume stores and the bookstores. The perfume stores interested me because there were a lot of european perfumes that are very hard to find in the US. For example, Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. Unfortunately, it was very strong and potent. Not for me. Then I went into another cosmetics/perfume store and ended up buying Greenland made Raspberry Body Butter. It smells like heaven. But my host mum believes I will attract every bee in Dieppe, but before I was using scentless- but scented body lotion that smelled ungodly. Ew. Oh btw, in this store I accidentally spoke in English to the lady that worked there. Oooops. Oh, and I almost gave in and bought Burberry Beat. But then I thought about being money-less when I'm in Paris and want to buy everything.. Thank God for my tiny bit of self-control. I also, finally, bought my FIRST Vogue Paris! 4,90 euro! Soooo much better than the $15 price at Barnes and Noble. For the rest of the time in Dieppe, I searched for vintage shops... couldn't find any. And walked around. Quite boring, but yet- very relieving and rejuvenating. Freedom is so nice. Oh, and before school I walked to Dieppe with the boys, had some Red Bull, and played air hockey.. I lost.

After this, I met Claudine and we went back home to Varengeville. I then went with Didier to pick up the 2 Rotary people that were at the kite festival from India. We were going to the Rotary meeting. The one man kept hitting on me. They spoke English so I was the translator. Now every rotary meeting, there is a board with 4 choices for each dish, and you choose which ones you would like. A man helped me pick out what I wanted, but didn't specify what they were. Ohh God, my appetizer. 'Fruits de mer', I get a plate full of shells. One being snails(escargo), the second, oysters, and also large shrimp+ grey crevettes(tiny shrimp). Icccckkk. Eyes,legs,&all. I proceeded to try to eat the shrimp, horror stricken, ripping off its eyes& legs- and I rip off the front legs and blood spurts out. Eww. Andre, my coordinator, goes "Ooooh, that's fresh!" Yuck. I tried the oyster, ew. I pulled the snail out of the shell and played with it. Thank god for my next choice.. Steak and Fries. I also got my allowance from Rotary for the month, 70 euro. Dieu Merci! But all in all, I got home at 11:30PM. So school today is especially awful. And my coffee is sitting in the kitchen, I didn't have time to even shoot it this morning.

2 commentaires:

Bridgette a dit…

eww Christina that sounds aweful. I'm not sure I could eat that haha. you know how I am with certain meats haha. But I saw that orange stuff you talk about all the time at Giant Eagle. I was with DAnica and I was like aweeeeee Christina!!! I almost cried there outside of aisle 5. The candy aisle. haha. But I had some pumpkin spice latte for you. It was as good as you could probably can remember.

mom a dit…

You are getting some fun experiences Christina, and some not so fun. I see you are learning the language. When you come home you will probably speak only in French! Ha, ha!It must sound lovely there!