mercredi 17 septembre 2008

"we're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year"

salut,salut,salut!
O.K. apologies in advance for not responding to anyone as of late. My weekend was very busy with no time at home. Friday I really have no idea what I did..I think I went to Dieppe or something. I finish school on Fridays at 5PM, so I get home at around 6. Saturday, I had Art Plastique 8-11 at school, then went to Rouen. Mmm, it is where I wish I lived here. Lots of shopping. My favorite stores there were Hermes and Printemps. Oh my God. I wanted to buy all the Viktor+Rolf sweaters, jeans, and purses. But unfortunately, a sweater goes for 230 euro a pop. Then Hermes. Ah, it wasnt open, but the displays. Soooo expensive. I walked around the city as much as possible, and finally found vintage shops. The vintage shops have Hermes, Lacoste, YSL, Chanel,etc, etc. Wonderful. I wanted a Hermes scarf- but it was 180 euro. Even the vintage shops are expensive, so this sortof angered me. When Claudine and I left Rouen we went to the house then ventured to Dieppe. We went to see the kite festival at night, then went out to eat at Tex Mex. Tex Mex is in American I think. It was supposed to be American/Mexican food. I was so excited for a quesadilla(SP). I get my quesedillas(SP,again). They are a flour tortilla, covered in cheese, with spicy marinara sauce on top. Inside,behold- Ham, Lamb, and Beef. Ew, weird. I was extremely disappointed. Afterwards we went back to the kite festival. I thought the night would never end.
The next morning, once again, I wake up bright and early. Nevermind the bright part, it was definitely still dark out. I had a Rotary meeting. My first, actually, with all of the exchange students. In our car, we had Andre, his wife, Claudine, Didier, Vincent, his mum, and I. Vincent is the boy I was talking about before. (He finally got his guarantee form& is off to Argentina in a couple days, but the Rotary here is so strict that it was "obligatorie" for him to go). Anyways, the drive there was 2 hours long. Ahhh. It was so long. But we get there, it was in a small town hotel. Very interesting. I met some people, almost every kid speaks English so it was quite amazing. Then, I see Elizabeth, the Australian girl that goes to my school, crying. She, along with 5 other people were getting sent home. Like I said before, Rotary here is VERY fricken strict. No second chances. After having very,very mmm. Personal talks with some Rotary kids we were leaving. Yes, and btw I am going to a lot of places with Rotary. Such as Mont Saint Michel (if you know anything about France you know Mont Saint Michel) and mmm, far away places. Hahah. We were going home, Vincent and I were talking and walking together and all the girls (Claudine, his mum, and Andres wife) were talking about us such as though we were flirting (which is possible) but we sat in the back of the Land Rover together and Claudine kept on turning around and winking at me. It was hilarious, I couldn't stop cracking up. So, finally I fell asleep in the car. I wake up because my water bottle fell on my lap and I look to the left, to the right- Didier almost hit a police car, look to the left- BAM! We hit the car next to us. What a rude awakening. My 1st French wreck. There was little damage, but A LOT of yelling. Vincent and I stood on the side of the road and talked, and I talked to some British old ladies. We were once again in Rouen and went to go get a drink to 'cool off'. Finally, we go drop off Andre, Vincent, blah,blah,blah. There's too many of them. I will never see that boy again. Ah,zut! But,I am going to southern France for a weekend with his parents. And Saturday I'm going to Paris!<333


An update:
Once again, Vincent is not leaving for awhile. He now is having problems with his Visa. He needs to get a new one, and they take forever so who knows- he might be here til Christmas. The poor boy. And I'm NOT going to Paris this weekend, next weekend. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, and then Blah. I dont know. I've already been to a French wedding and they're weird and extremely boring. But Mumsie, I'm going to Paris! Send me $$$$$ (((:


lots of love<3

1 commentaire:

Cindi a dit…

Mmm, bet you can't wait for Paris. I can't get over the school schedule there - kids here would flip out.
Love reading your blog!
Cindi